Last week I was very fortunate to have met with several members of the science team from the GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) Human Performance Lab in London! I am very excited to announce that they will be partnering up with me to assist me with body composition testing, various physiological testing, functional movement tests and cognitive tests to understand how my cognitive state is affected during the swim. They will also be able to offer nutritional and training advice every step of the way from now until the end of my swim. This is fantastic as it will help me on my journey to ensure I am in the best possible condition for the big swim!
GSK's mission is simple. 'To help people do more, feel better, live longer.'
Their Human Performance Lab is on a scale that rivals the most elite sports science facilities available in the world today.
I very much look forward to working with GSK over the next 18 months! For more information please visit their website at http://www.gsk.com/
On a separate note I am still on the lookout for an ideal support vessel to carry a crew of up to 16 people that will support me during the crossing. Please can you get in touch with me if you might know of anyone that might be able to help with this?
The summer open water season is almost upon us! Events, photos and videos are on the way...
- February 2017
- Jan 25, 2017 New York to London Swim - 3800 Miles - Campaign Link Countdown! Jan 25, 2017
- Jan 4, 2017 New York to London Swim 2017 - Update and Final Campaign!! Jan 4, 2017
- Oct 10, 2016 Partner Update - Real Meal Revolution!! Oct 10, 2016
- Aug 7, 2016 GSK Assessment - Human Performance Lab Aug 7, 2016
- June 2016
- Apr 13, 2016 GlaxoSmithKline Partnership and Support Vessel Plea Apr 13, 2016
- Feb 12, 2016 Project Update and Thames Baths Feb 12, 2016
- Jan 4, 2016 New York to London Swim - Minimum Target Reached! Jan 4, 2016
- Nov 3, 2015 Official Launch! Nov 3, 2015
- Oct 28, 2015 Thomas Gregory, English Channel, Guinness World Record Holder Oct 28, 2015