It's been an incredible journey so far having reached our minimum crowdfunding target of £20,000 in order to keep the project on track. It was only the 2nd November last year when I went public with the New York to London Swim campaign. Thanks to the support of the public the project is moving full steam ahead!
A couple of weeks ago Thames Baths and I linked up to form a unique partnership as we share a very similar vision of wanting to inspire people in cities around the world to reclaim their rivers for swimming and increased public use. We both want to promote the growth of open water swimming and get the public to don their Speedos and safely experience the raw thrill, exhilaration and beauty of our rivers and lakes which belong to us, the public.
The total number of corporate partners linked to the New York to London Swim campaign has now reached 5 which is fantastic!! Thames Baths join an amazing list of companies; Torq Fitness, Shark Shield, Dry Robe and Xtreme Adventure Foods. To learn more about my partners please go to http://www.newyorktolondonswim.com/partners/
For those of you that requested rewards as part of your donations please note that they are currently being processed and shipping of the towels, caps, T-shirts and wrist bands will begin in March. Thanks for your patience on this.
My training is going very well having just returned from a long distance swim camp in Lanzarote with upcoming swim trips to Siberia in a few weeks, Ireland and France in the European summer.
We still have a very long way to go! We still need to obtain a support vessel for the big swim, ideally between 48 and 150ft in length that can accommodate up to 16 crew.
Also, if you missed the crowdfunding campaign and you would like to contribute then please feel free to donate at http://www.newyorktolondonswim.com/donate
Thanks again for your incredible support and please continue to share my story of becoming the first person in history to swim from New York to London in aid of Oxfam!
- February 2017
- Jan 25, 2017 New York to London Swim - 3800 Miles - Campaign Link Countdown! Jan 25, 2017
- Jan 4, 2017 New York to London Swim 2017 - Update and Final Campaign!! Jan 4, 2017
- Oct 10, 2016 Partner Update - Real Meal Revolution!! Oct 10, 2016
- Aug 7, 2016 GSK Assessment - Human Performance Lab Aug 7, 2016
- June 2016
- Apr 13, 2016 GlaxoSmithKline Partnership and Support Vessel Plea Apr 13, 2016
- Feb 12, 2016 Project Update and Thames Baths Feb 12, 2016
- Jan 4, 2016 New York to London Swim - Minimum Target Reached! Jan 4, 2016
- Nov 3, 2015 Official Launch! Nov 3, 2015
- Oct 28, 2015 Thomas Gregory, English Channel, Guinness World Record Holder Oct 28, 2015